As CBD, or cannabidiol, has swept the nation in the past year or so, collecting fans and devotees in all 50 states, the beauty and wellness industry has caught on to some of the positive effects that CBD can have on the body and is harnessing the power of CBD through makeup and skin care products. CBD topical cream and CBD pain relief rub, along with CBD skin care can be a powerful tool to make your skin look better than it ever has.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a non-psychoactive, non-addictive substance that is federally legal in all 50 states in the U.S. It’s derived naturally from hemp and can also be extracted in a lab using various methods.
Many people use CBD oil for arthritis, pain, athletic injuries, anxiety, and mental health issues as well. The compounds in CBD works with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). CB1 and CB2 receptors blocks the body’s pain receptors, which makes a CBD user less susceptible to pain, but also inflammation.
CBD is well suited to skincare for a few reasons.
Benefits of Using Topical CBD Products
- Reduce inflammation
- Target arthritis pain
- Joint and knee pain
- Common muscle soreness and tightness
- Acne, eczema, rosacea, and other skin conditions
CBD’s Anti-Inflammatory Properties
If you suffer from redness and irritated skin, CBD might be able to help. There are specific CBD products on the market to help combat hormonal acne, rosacea, and eczema. Some studies have shown that cystic acne can also be calmed through topical application of CBD. The relaxing effects that CBD can have also applies to the calming of the skin, making it healthier and less inflamed.
There are also some studies that show that CBD can help curb excess sebum, or oil, production on the face, which can lead to fewer triggers of acne. Sunscreen is an incredibly essential part of skin care, but if you do get sunburned, there is evidence that CBD can soothe the burned area as well.
CBD’s Antioxidant Properties
CBD can also provide necessary antioxidants to the skin. It provides a missing particle to the skin that free radicals (an uncharged molecule that can be dangerous to the skin) can bond with, therefore ensuring these free radicals do not harm the skin.
CBD’s Anti-aging Properties
In addition to the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits to the skin, CBD can also be used as part of an anti-aging skin care routine. It can be combined with collagen and retinol to create a powerful product that plumps the skin and restores hydration without creating any extra inflammation.
Studies have shown that CBD can help reduce visible signs of aging such as wrinkles, dull skin, or a ruddy and red skin tone.
CBD and Sensitive Skin
For people who are wary of trying new products for fear they will irritate sensitive areas of skin, CBD is proven to have soothing properties. This holds true even if you don’t consider yourself someone with sensitive skin, because CBD can mitigate the harmful effects of all environmental skin stressors.
CBD can also help nurture the skin after a significant facial treatment, as it can make sure irritation does not occur.
What to Look Out For
If you’ve decided CBD skin care is right for you, it’s important to know how to determine what product will give you the most bang for your buck. When shopping for CBD products, make sure to look for labels that list ingredients like:
● Whole plant hemp
● Hemp extract
● Cannabis sativa extract
● Phytocannabinoid rich (PCR)
Recommended CBD Topicals That We Like to Use on Our Skin
Endoca Salve With 750Mg CBD
- Rich in CBD as well as Vitamin E, to calm irritation, as well as skin and joint discomfort
- 30 ml jar contains 750mg CBD.
- Very Strong CBD concentration
- Perfect for muscle aches and pains
- Anti-aging, anti-seborrheic and antioxidant properties.
- Great for people with arthritis.
- Read our full Endoca CBD Review.
CBD Medic Active Sport – Pain Relief Stick and Ointment
- Perfect for everyday athletes and gym-goers.
- Great for relief for common muscle soreness, tightness, and aches.
- Also great for joint and knee pain.
- Read our full CBD Medic review.
Joy Organics 500mg CBD Salve
- Perfect for sore muscles, stiff joints, and moisturizing of the skin.
- Contains quality organic ingredients: Organic MCT Oil, Organic Beeswax, Phytocannabinoid-Rich Hemp Extract, Organic Lavender Essential Oil and Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil.
- Smells great.
- Read our full Joy Organics review.
Thanks for reading!