Whether you’re suffering from chronic pain, joint pain, arthritis, and even acne. CBD infused topicals such as creams, salves, body butters, and lotions has been proven to help. Even the likes of NFL superstar Rob Gronkowski has teamed up with CBD company, CBD Medic to bring awareness about the non psychoactive compound that is CBD into the spotlight of the billion dollar sport industry. And people have taken notice.
CBD, A Brief Overview
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a naturally occurring cannabinoid found in cannabis plants (hemp/marijuana). When introduced to humans, CBD and other cannabinoids interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), which facilitates sleep, appetite, pain, and mood.
As a result, products with CBD create feelings of relaxation in those who use or consume them; CBD products can also alleviate painful symptoms associated with injuries or medical conditions, and improve sleep quality.
Read more about what CBD is and how it can benefit you here.
What are CBD Topicals generally used for?
- Pain – Some examples may include knee pain, joint pain, arthritis, muscle soreness, and much more.
- Skin Conditions – Examples may include eczema, acne, skin dryness, and much more.
- Sleep – Some CBD products may include other ingredients such as magnesium, lavender, and melatonin to help induce sleep. The combination of these ingredients plus CBD may help in promoting a healthier sleep.
CBD Topicals, Creams, and Salves
CBD comes in a variety of forms. Topical lotions and salves that contain CBD are popular among those with bone and joint pain, arthritis, and those reoccurring discomforts from previous injuries. Topicals are applied to these areas, directly to the skin and may provide you with immediate pain relief to said affected areas.
A lot of the CBD topicals and salves also contain other ingredients such as nutrients, vitamins, and oils such as menthol and camphor. Some other ingredients may offer good moisturizing for dry and damaged skin.
In terms of CBD concentration, the average topical is priced at around 6 to 10 cents per milligram (mg) of CBD.
It’s important to know and understand the ingredients these topicals and salves contain and how they can provide the relief you’re looking for.
The Best CBD Creams and Topicals – Reviewed and Approved by TheHempTrust.com
- Mission Farms – Best for Daily Use (4 Reliefs to Choose From)
- Joy Organics – Best Broad Spectrum Salve
- Endoca CBD – Best for Muscle Fatigue, Arthritis, and Other Conditions
- CBDfx – Best for Inflammation
- cbdMD – Best for Athletes
- Proleve CBD – Best Hand and Body Lotion
- Mana Artisan Botanics – Best Smelling and Unique Formula!
Mission Farms CBD (Best for Daily Use – 4 Reliefs to Choose From)
Reasons to love Mission Farms…
- USDA Certified – made with 95% certified organic ingredients. The essential oils are organic.
- Perfect before bed time.
- Non-GMO ingredients.
- Smells and works amazingly.
- Read our full Green Gorilla CBD review.
Green Gorilla’s certified organic CBD balm is absolutely perfect for sore and aching muscles. During our testing, we found that a little bit of this goodness goes a long way.
If you’re a fan of balms such as Tiger Balm or Icy Hot, then you’ll love Green Gorillas. With eucalyptus, lavender, cypress oils & rosemary oils, these oils are perfect for your aches and pains right before bedtime. Applied an hour before bed, we noticed an improved sleep due to relaxed muscles.
Whether you’re applying to aches, pains, soreness or just applying to relax muscles, you’ll love the organic ingredients in Green Gorilla’s balm.
For updated prices of Green Gorilla products, click the link below.
CBD Medic (Great for Muscle Soreness)
Why buy CBD Medic?
- Can be found at your local CVS stores.
- High-concentration topical.
- Focused on specific pains and skin conditions.
- Recently endorsed by NFL superstar Rob Gronkowski
- Excellent customer service.
- Read our full review of CBD Medic here.
CBD Medic specializes in treating pains such as muscle and joint pain. The company uses pharmaceutical grade ingredients in their products and all of their products are produced in accordance with strict regulatory requirements in a cGMP compliant manufacturing facility to ensure high quality control standards. CBD MEDIC™ products are fully compliant with all federal laws and regulations.
Our team are 4-5 days/week gym goers so muscle fatigue, soreness, and overall joint pain is a common issue. During testing, we noticed quicker turnaround when it comes to recovery when using CBD Medic’s Active Sport sport stick twice a day for 2 weeks. We find ourselves running back to some of CBD Medic’s products very often since it works for us. We hope you find the same results yourself.
CBD Medic provided readers like yourself 10% OFF your purchase.
Endoca CBD (High CBD Concentration!)
Why buy Endoca salve?
- High concentration of CBD at 750mg.
- Instant relief from dryness.
- 100% natural, organic food grade ingredients.
- Great for dry/cracked skin.
- Read our full Endoca CBD review.
We love Endoca CBD products and their salve is no exception. Within 2 weeks of using their high concentration salve on our chapped hands and feet, our skin has never felt so buttery soft.
Rich in 750mg of CBD, Vitamin C and E, coconut and sativa oil, we kept going back to the salve for everyday use. It even worked well on fatigued areas of the body due to muscle soreness.
At 750mg of CBD, you’re paying roughly .12 per mg of CBD which is on the high side but it’s well worth it.
Endoca CBD is quickly gaining the ranks of our favorite CBD company. We think you’d enjoy it as well.
For updated prices of Endoca CBD products, click the link below.
CBDfx (Great for inflammation!)
Why buy CBDfx topical products?
- US- Grown organic hemp.
- Broad-spectrum CBD which contains all of the essential amino acids, terpenes, and vitamins found in hemp.
- Cold / hot sensation similar to icy hot.
- Includes a small amount of caffeine to stimulate blood flow and help ease inflammation
- CBDfx Lab Results for Hemp Cream found here.
- Read our full CBDfx review.
CBDfx is a company that does it all. And does it all very well. Their CBD hemp cream is no exception.
This potent topical is our top recommendation for anyone experiencing muscle fatigue and soreness because of the additional ingredients – the menthol and white willow bark give the user a sensation similar to topical pain relievers like icy hot. Perfect to keep in your gym bag.
I even shared this with my mom and she loved the hot/cold feeling that it provided.
For updated prices of CBDfx products, click the link below.
Mana Artisan Botanics (Unique formula!)
Why buy Mana’s Hemp Balm?
- Made with 100% local ingredients from Hawaiian farms.
- Smells amazing.
- Full-spectrum hemp – benefit from an entourage effect of all the hemp
- Read our full Mana Artisan Botanics review.
Mana makes some of the most unique CBD products on the market today. Since the company is in Hawaii, they are utilizing local ingredients from local farmers.
Phytocannabinoid-rich organic hemp from the US, Honaunau Farm comfrey and plantain, and organic essential oils combine to create an ideal choice for targeted relief of localized discomfort. A perfect ointment that can be used throughout the entire day. Highly recommend!