Reviewed and Approved by TheHempTrust.com.
Top 5 CBD Oils for Sleep
One sleepless night, nothing to worry about, they said.
This is what many Americans and people around the world say right before they are in a car crash or make a fatal mistake at work.
According to National Center for Biotechnology Information, 40% of people age 40 to 59 reported that they are getting less than recommended amounts of sleep.
No wonder more and more people just like yourself are looking for a natural and safe remedy to sleep better. Rather than taking addictive over-the-counter sleep aids, CBD is a great alternative and the research out there has proven it to be an effective choice when it comes to getting a better nights’ sleep. CBD is shown to improve the overall quality of sleep which includes the two most important factors of sleep – REM and deep sleep.
We’ve handpicked our favorite CBD oils to take right before hitting the sack – all tested and approved by us, TheHempTrust.com.
What is CBD and CBD Oil?
CBD stands for cannabidiol (isn’t CBD much better?), a type of chemical compound found in hemp and marijuana which are both varieties of the cannabis plant. There are over 85 of these compounds, known as cannabinoids, and CBD is one of the most well-known.
The other is THC, the psychoactive compound that causes people to feel high (and snack a lot).
CBD interacts with our body’s Endocannabinoid (ECS) which is a network of receptors that interacts with cannabinoids to maintain vital functions throughout the body. CB1 receptors are found abundantly in regions of the brain responsible for mental health, emotion, and cognition. CB2 receptors are found the CNS and immune system.
Here’s a few reasons why these CBD oils will benefit your sleep:
- Improve sleep latency (the time it takes to actually fall asleep)
- Increase REM and Deep Sleep levels – the sleep that actually counts.
- Wake up restful and energetic.
- Relax muscles to induce better sleep.
Best CBD Oils for Sleep
Our challenge was to research the market and bring only the most high-quality and safe products to the market. We don’t want our customers to take risks with their health by spending money on untested products from unreliable shops. So that is what we have accomplished with Mission Farms CBD. They provide a variety of lab-tested CBD products under one roof suitable for any relief you’re looking for.
Here’s why Mission Farms Rest CBD works for sleep…
- Full spectrum CBD mixed with other essential oils to give your a profound effect on your sleep.
- Best taken 30 minutes before bed.
- Mixed with organic ingredients including organic lavender, bergamot, orange, and chamomile – all known to induce quality nights’ sleep.
- Organically grown US hemp from Oregon (the Napa Valley for hemp).
- Unbeatable customer service.
- Tons of great reviews.
Nanocraft CBD Night Formula CBD Oil
NanoCraft CBD’s CBD Oil Night Formula is a potent elixir that will put you to sleep. NanoCraft Night utilizes a suite of known sleep support agents in tandem with our highly bioavailable nano-emulsified Broad Spectrum CBD, to help you ease into flawless rest. With a taste of relaxing lavender and a blend of passionflower, 5-HTP and a touch of melatonin this calming blend is the perfect way to prepare your mind and body for deep, restorative sleep.
CBDfx Full Spectrum CBD Oil
If you want to enjoy an extremely high quality CBD tincture at a great price, CBDfx should be your choice. Using full spectrum CBD, you’ll receive all the benefits of the plant compounds which include terpenes, other cannabinoids, and flavanoids. All of this creates an “entourage” effect which works harmoniously in your body to relieve pain and help you sleep better.
cbdMD Sleep Aid CBD Oil
cbdMD’s Sleep Aid CBD oil is a great addition to your bedtime routine. At an affordable price of $44.99, this amazing tincture contains 500 mg of CBD, 150 mg of melatonin, and a blend of herbal extracts – chamomile, valerian root extract, passionflower, cascade hops, lemon balm – their specially formulated CBD PM blend is the perfect nighttime companion.
Green Gorilla Full Spectrum Organic CBD Oil
Green Gorilla also uses their organic full spectrum CBD oil in their Hemp and Olive series CBD oil to maximize full effects of the hemp plant. Their products are USDA certified organic which puts Green Gorilla on our top 5 list. By using quality organic ingredients and 3000mg of CBD in this affordable spray bottle, you’re assured to feel relief from this product. We recommend a dose of 100mg of CBD right before bed.
Benefits of Using CBD Oil for Sleep
CBD oil alleviates physical pain and anxiety – both of which can have a negative impact on sleep. Additionally, CBD oil can actually prolong sleep for some, leading to more rest from night to night. Most medical experts agree that marijuana is not particularly beneficial for individuals with medical conditions and/or mental health disorders, as the THC can increase their symptoms; this makes CBD oil a good alternative option for people with the following sleep disorders and medical conditions.
- Insomnia: Every adult needs up to 9 hours of sleep a day in order to stay healthy and functioning. On average, an American adult gets only 6.8 hours of sleep, which doesn’t even meet the minimum amount needed. We’re operating on low power a lot of the time, and most of that is thanks to sleeping disorders. The anxiety-reducing and sleep enhancing qualities of CBD oil make it a good option for many people with insomnia. For more information, please read our article on insomnia.
- Improving Sleep Quality: CBD oil research when it comes to sleep has been very positive. Unlike THC, CBD can improve the overall quality of REM and deep sleep. The portions of sleep that matter the most.
- REM (Rapid Eye Movement) Disorder: RBD is a parasomnia disorder characterized by shouting, becoming physically agitated, or otherwise acting out during sleep. For many, RBD is a symptom of a larger, more serious condition or disorder, such as Alzheimer’s disease or PTSD. CBD oil minimizes the symptoms of RBD, and also alleviates the anxiety and painful symptoms that often accompany disorders that lead to RBD.
- Depression, Stress, and Anxiety: Both depression, stress, and anxiety disorders have been linked to sleep disruption. Let’s face it, we’ve all probably gotten lack of sleep caused by these symptoms. CBD oil can alleviate symptoms of these disorders because it activates serotonin receptors in the brain; the release of serotonin has soothing, anti-anxiety effects that can help people sleep.
- Epilepsy: CBD oil may be prescribed for patients with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome or Dravet syndrome, two rare forms of severe epilepsy; the medication Epidiolex, a CBD oil oral solution, is typically prescribed in these instances. CBD oil can also ease the severity of seizures for people with other forms of epilepsy.
- Schizophrenia: Due to its anti-psychotic effects, non-THC CBD oil can reduce the symptoms of schizophrenia and other disorders with psychotic effects.
Can CBD Oil Really Improve Your Sleep Quality?
Like many natural treatments, people remain a bit divided on its true healing properties and CBD oil’s ability to relieve insomnia symptoms. For years, marijuana has been used for sleep aid, and CBD has some scientific backing as well as genuine testimonials from those who found it helps their sleeping disorders.
What Research Has Been Done?
According to the World Health Organization and some case studies on CBD and sleep, it’s been proven that CBD does not interfere with the bodies natural ability to enter a REM-cycle. This means it’s a better option over THC marijuana, and also supports that CBD oil sure won’t hurt you or make the problem any worse.
WebMD further supports these studies with new information relating to antipsychotic effects that CBD can have, and the ability to healthy brain waves and subdue emotional turmoil and stress. For those with circumstantial insomnia, this is your ticket to a good night sleep!
Not everyone is convinced that CBD Oil is the foolproof way to curing insomnia, and there is limited information available to support the true scope of benefits for sleep. Smaller companies with less reach have conducted their own surveys or tests, and out of these results over 60% of those familiar with CBD oil claim it helps them sleep. When asked about CBD oil for sleep, Reddit users had all sorts of positive claims to throw into the mix, too.
How To Calculate Your Best Personal CBD Sleep Dosage
Getting the right dosage of CBD oil is tricky but possible. Everyone will react differently, so your dose will be different from your friends in most cases. CBD isn’t toxic, and you can’t overdose on it, but you want to get the most benefit out of its helpful properties. A proper dosage that’s perfect for you is the key to getting help with sleep when using CBD oil.
1. Address the culprit.
In order to accurately determine your dosage, you need to identify what it is you’re targeting. If you’re taking CBD oil for anxiety that causes insomnia or pain management, your dosage will be different between the two. CBD for sleep apnea is another thing to consider. Decide what it is that keeps you up at night, and base your dosage choices off of that problem.
2. Start low and increase as needed.
Most medications suggest starting with the lowest dose and working up from there. This way you can safely monitor changes, improves, and gauge what you need without shocking your body with too much at once. A good starting point is 10mg, but some have reported taking as much as 160mg before bed.
3. Take your dose an hour before bed.
If you don’t feel any change within a half hour of the time you’re hoping to be asleep, take another dose. You’ll either see a change and know that tomorrow you need to take the amount of the two together from the start, or you’ll just need to try another dose in 30 minutes. Either way, eventually your body will let you know what works, and once it does, you’re all set!